Deploy a sample management UI to manage your Windows Virtual Desktop resources!

Microsoft

Thank you for everyone who’s begun testing Windows Virtual Desktop! Primarily, management of your Windows Virtual Desktop resources has been through PowerShell. However, now you can manage your resources with a sample UI that you can deploy in your own Azure subscription. See deploy a management tool for the steps!

11 Replies
I just tried it, it looks amazing! Thanks.

Hello, if I want another user to publish application through this portal. What should be his access?

I tried to give him "Tenant creator" on the "Windows Virtual Desktop" application but it does not seem to work as my user can not see the WVD tenant.

I already tried in Powershell with his user account but it does not seems to be enough access.

PS C:\windows\system32> New-RdsAppGroup ***** **** **** -ResourceType "RemoteApp"

New-RdsAppGroup : User is not authorized to query the management service. ActivityId: ***** Powershell commands to diagnose the failure: Get-RdsDiagnosticActivities -ActivityId ***** At line:1 char:1 + New-RdsAppGroup ******* ***** ***** -ResourceType "Rem ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : FromStdErr: (Microsoft.RDInf....NewRdsAppGroup:NewRdsAppGroup) [New-RdsAppGroup], RdsPow erShellException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnauthorizedAccess,Microsoft.RDInfra.RDPowershell.AppGroup.NewRdsAppGroup

Hi @ghonyme ,

The Tenant Creator permission is only to give a user/SPN permissions to create a WVD Tenant for that specific Azure AD Tenant. It does not provide access to the WVD Tenant itself.

To manage resources in the WVD Tenant, you will have to delegate permissions using these cmdlets:

• Get-RdsRoleAssignment displays a list of role assignments.
  • New-RdsRoleAssignment creates a new role assignment.
  • Set-RdsRoleAssignment edits role assignments.

More information can be found here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/delegated-access-virtual-desktop

Here is an example of delegation which I use in my slides:

2019-06-12_11-02-15.png

@Eva Seydl I have followed these instructions, but when i access the URL thats supposed to launch the admin portal afterwords, all i get is a page saying "Hey, app developers! Your app service is up and running".... Any ideas to why this is happening, and how to fix it?

@Eva Seydl I'm getting a "The IconPath property does not contain a well-formed RDSH file path" error when trying to publish a start menu app through this.

@Eva Seydl 

Hello,

i tried to deploy management tool, during deployment i got an error, here is error message:

{ "status": "Failed", "error": { "code": "ResourceDeploymentFailure", "message": "The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'." } }

Any idea what i am doing wrong?

BR Michael

Hi again, tried to redeploy template, now i get other error message Job with specified id already exists. Job id: 2561761f-7ba3-5d9d-a095-a1e506ae4460, br Michael

@Eva Seydl I have successfully deployed the UI but I cannot get user's to see the default tenant group.  I am the only one that can see the default tenant group as well as our Tenants.  I add them using the new-rdsroleassignment PS cmdlet and also made them Tenant Creators in the WVD app.  They can log in but get a screen that looks like this.

@Eva Seydl 

I have the same issue that none of my colleagues can see "default tenant group" from Web UI. How do we fix this issue?

Actually for us, our palo firewalls we’re blocking some traffic. We had to add the URL as being exempt from the url filter.