Create Custom Filed under WVDTenantScale

Copper Contributor

hi ,can we create custom filed under WVDTenantScale  ,current values are only host pool and logmessage ,i need to add some thing like ,resourcegroup ,logtype etc 

this field is coming ,my intention is to add custom table field and use for report query

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Azure/RDS-Templates/wvd_scaling/wvd-templates/wvd-scaling-script/C...

$CustomLogWVDTenantScale = @" [ { "hostpoolName":" ", "logmessage": " " } ]

1 Reply
as per MS article ,we can generate query ,but i cant see these fields ,i am sending almost all details to log analytics

Log Analytics
If you decided to use Log Analytics, you can view all the log data in a custom log named WVDTenantScale_CL under Custom Logs in the Logs view of your Log Analytics Workspace. We've listed some sample queries you might find helpful.

To see all logs for a host pool, enter the following query

Kusto

Copy
WVDTenantScale_CL
| where hostpoolName_s == "<host_pool_name>"
| project TimeStampUTC = TimeGenerated, TimeStampLocal = TimeStamp_s, HostPool = hostpoolName_s, LineNumAndMessage = logmessage_s, AADTenantId = TenantId
To view the total number of currently running session host VMs and active user sessions in your host pool, enter the following query

Kusto

Copy
WVDTenantScale_CL
| where logmessage_s contains "Number of running session hosts:"
or logmessage_s contains "Number of user sessions:"
or logmessage_s contains "Number of user sessions per Core:"
| project TimeStampUTC = TimeGenerated, TimeStampLocal = TimeStamp_s, HostPool = hostpoolName_s, LineNumAndMessage = logmessage_s, AADTenantId = TenantId
To view the status of all session host VMs in a host pool, enter the following query

Kusto

Copy
WVDTenantScale_CL
| where logmessage_s contains "Session host:"
| project TimeStampUTC = TimeGenerated, TimeStampLocal = TimeStamp_s, HostPool = hostpoolName_s, LineNumAndMess