Can't connect to some websites from AVD

Copper Contributor

We can't connect to hcahealthcare.com, or any of their other domains, from our AVD environment. HCA claims that they're not blocking any IP addresses and that they have other clients accessing their websites from AVD. We don't have any firewall rules that would block connectivity, and the problem is specific to websites owned by hcahealthcare.com. Connectivity tests fail from the Azure Portal, but there's no discernable information beyond that. I was hoping someone could offer up some ideas of what the problem could be.

6 Replies
From which region are you connecting? It seems it's being geo blocked on the site itself.
From the US. Do you have the ability to test from within your own AVD environment? I'm just wondering if somehow they're blocking all AVD connectivity.
If I test it from my pc in belgium I'm being geo blocked.
I'm redirected to this url from belgium: https://geo-blocked-site.azurewebsites.net/
Thanks for testing. They do geo-block, but our AVD is in the US, and we just get a "page cannot be displayed." It's really weird.

@Johan Vanneuville This is probably a silly question, but if I do a diagnostics test, is that functionally the same as a traceroute? I'm asking because if I perform a diagnostics test from AVD and view hop-by-hop details, I see my virtual machine, network name, 2 virtual networks, and the destination (hcahealthcare.com). But I see traffic up to Level 3 in Nashville if I perform a traceroute from my laptop at home. Even if HCA's web server is rejecting AVD traffic, I would think it would still show traffic up to Level 3 before it gets rejected by HCA in the hop-by-hop details.

@nunyabusiness 

Can share error logs and screen, if any?