Azure WVD - Teams doesn't display camera but camera app works fine

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

In the above, we've had an issue with in Azure WVDs, a couple of users have reported that Teams doesn't display their camera when in use on Teams meetings. It works on the camera app perfectly fine and Teams is installed using the "machine wide installer".

I've searched and can't find anything that would be causing it via the patch notes/updates.

Any clues?

Cheers

2 Replies

@ITD-LT 

Hello!

I would have a couple of question for you:

with kind of Teams installation are you using? Have you used the Windows image from the marketplace with M365 Apps included?

if you are using the standard installation (i.e. Microsoft store version) of teams in an AVD environment you can experience some issue because they are not optimized for AVD. 

In an AVD scenario you need to use the WebRTC optimized experience that solve the device redirection problems.  

You can see whether the WebRTC optimization has kicked in by checking the About > Version option in the client.

this is what you see if your client is not optimized 

Elanor92_0-1681228869995.png

If you are using the optimized version, then you'll need to troubleshoot the problem using this guide Troubleshoot Microsoft Teams on Azure Virtual Desktop - Azure | Microsoft Learn.

At this link you can find more information about using and installing Microsoft Teams on AVD Use Microsoft Teams on Azure Virtual Desktop - Azure | Microsoft Learn

Hope this helps.