Azure WVD Agent with Unified Write Filter (UWF) environment question

Copper Contributor

When the WVD environment finishes deploying, the WVD Agent and Bootloader will be automatically installed in each session host virtual machines. The WVD Agent is being constantly upgraded to new versions to add new features. This upgrading process is automatic and "Microsoft" don't recommend that customer block the upgrading manually.

The question is the UWF feature will be protect the operation system and c: disk , and I can't find the correctly file and registry exclusion.

I have tried it but no work , as below

uwfmgr.exe file add-exclusion "C:\Program Files\Microsoft RDInfra"
uwfmgr.exe file add-exclusion "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent"
uwfmgr.exe registry add-exclusion "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RDAgentBootLoader"
uwfmgr.exe registry add-exclusion "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RDInfraAgent"
uwfmgr.exe registry add-exclusion "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RDMonitoringAgent"
uwfmgr.exe registry add-exclusion "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall"
uwfmgr.exe registry add-exclusion "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products"
uwfmgr.exe registry add-exclusion "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products"
uwfmgr.exe registry add-exclusion "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components"

When I install the wvd agent and enable the uwf feature ,add  the exclusion , after upgrading  work and restart OS , the WVD Agent status in session host gets stuck in "upgrading" or "upgrade failed"

Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Replies