Azure Monitor for Windows Virtual Desktop public preview

Microsoft

Today, we are excited to announce public preview of Azure Monitor for Windows Virtual Desktop! Full observability is key to ensure your employees do not have any interruptions or performance issues with their virtual desktops. Azure Monitor for Windows Virtual Desktop provides a centralized view for with the monitoring telemetry and visualizations IT professionals need to debug and troubleshoot issues.

With Azure Monitor for Windows Virtual Desktop, you can:

• View a summary of host pool status and health
  • Find and troubleshoot problems in the deployment including top errors, connectivity issues, host diagnostics, performance issues, client information, and more
  • Diagnose user feedback by looking at data per user
  • Understand utilization of resources to make decisions on scaling and cost management

Azure Monitor for Windows Virtual Desktop is available in the Windows Virtual Desktop hub under InsightsAzure Monitor for Windows Virtual Desktop is available in the Windows Virtual Desktop hub under Insights

To get started with setup instructions, relevant terminology and concepts, and troubleshooting see our How-to guide.

While the feature today surfaces many top customer-requested data points, we are looking forward to continuing to improve our tools to meet your monitoring needs – please let us know your feedback by replying to this post!

4 Replies

@Logan_Silliman Fanastic! Highly recommend this to everyone it's brilliant!

@Logan_Silliman congratulations and great work!

This is exciting, great work team 

Hi @Logan_Silliman

I am trying to understand the best way to price the Log Analytics / Azure monitor cost when we use the Azure Monitor for WVD workbook / solution. Should we price the no of session host VMs or the user desktops as the data source? I believe they should be session host VMs but I am keen to confirm that. Also, is there any technique towards estimating the amount of log data this will generate (for Log Analytics ingestion pricing). Many thanks.