Azure blob storage as location for FSLogix profile containers

Iron Contributor

Dear community,

In following document I am missing the blob storage option to place your FSLogix profile containers. I have tested this and works, but is this a supported scenario by Microsoft?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/store-fslogix-profile

This to avoid designing unsupported setups for our customers...

Kind regards and thank you in advance,

Thomas

4 Replies

@Thomas-DeWitte I too have tested and this seems to work fine. I was told by the FSXLogic team that Azure Files was not supported by their team, yet it is pushed/supported by the Azure WVD team.

I was told by the FSX team that Blob storage was also supported but yet I can't find any documentation supporting this. 

Trying to avoid any unsupported environments. I will be keen to hear a response to this question.

@Rigamortis , during last weeks WVD Virtual Event in the UK, a WVD Blackbelt mentioned in one of the webinars that Microsoft defines blob storage as the less preferred option to store your FSLogix profiles on.

I still can't find any documentation that confirms this unfortunately.

Now, with the the native AD integration for Azure Files I will be choosing this solution as the most preferred by default from now on.

@Thomas-DeWitte Thanks for your reply.  I think Blob is least liked as there is no backup or at least Azure Backup to protect the files unlike Azure files.

What was the WVD Virtual event? Care to share a link and I'll watch on demand?

Is the Azure Files native AD still in private preview or is it public preview?

Unfortunately the mail I've received after the event didn't contain the video on-demand URL.
I will post it if I would receive it later on.

The AD auth or Azure Files is already in Public Preview.