AVD "The group policy client service failed the sign-in" insufficient space on local C drive

Brass Contributor

We are seeing a number of users getting the error message "The group policy client service failed the sign-in, access denied" when logging into AVD's and the fix is to clear space on the clients local PC C drive, I fail to see why that gives a group policy message within the VM when its a local resource issue. has anyone seen this and or are aware of a long term fix such as a modification to the hostpool RDP settings?

2 Replies

@StevenR OMG! This actually worked. I looked everywhere for an answer and this did it. But it makes no sense. Unless, you need at least the amount of GBs that the FSLogix  profile is, so like if the user's FSLogix profile is 30 GB in size, then you need at least 30 GB of free storage in your local PC's drive??

@ChrisHenrriquez 

It doesnt make sense as your profile disk has nothing to do with your local pc, for instance you may be connecting from a thin client with no writeable drive. I actually think you need to keep your fslogix up to date in the vm's  and always update the rdp agent when it shows the green symbol top right that there is an update as this issue appears to have gone away either that or service desk/end users are familiar with keeping app up to date when they see it.