AVD and AAD only?

Copper Contributor

Hello,
we have a requirement to set up small AVD environments.

The prerequisite is the use of pooled host pools (FSLogix) and Azure AD only to keep the costs low.

Does this possibility exist in the meantime?

Many thanks

5 Replies
Hi,
At this moment pooled host pools/FSLogix and Azure AD isn't GA. You can use it but you need hybrid users for the moment.
What does small mean in this instance? Do you mean AVD pool and use AAD to access this?
Thank you for the information.

I have created and synchronised local users. These users have been added to an AVD application group and the RBAC role for virtual group login has been added to the resource group.

The logon at https://client.wvd.microsoft.com/arm/webclient/index.html works. When I start the desktop or an application, I am prompted to re-enter the credentials, then I get a message that I cannot connect to the SessionDesktp.

Have I forgotten something and are there any instructions for setting up an AVD environment with only Azure AD?

Many thanks
By small, I mean an AVD environment with only one host pool with 2 VMs. The costs should be kept as low as possible. AADDS or an additional DC should not be used if possible.
Have you added targetisaadjoined in the hostpool proporties?