Remote Desktop on Mac M1 issues with splash-screen app starting main window minimized

Remote Desktop on Mac M1 issues with splash-screen app starting main window minimized

Upvotes

Upvote

Jul 04 2022
0 Comments 
New

Hi, I am connecting to a Windows Server 2019 using Mac Remote Desktop Version 10.7.7 (2001). I am running on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) on Monterey 12.4

Issue: An application is started. A splash screen is shown. When the splash screen goes away, the main window of the application is supposed to start up maximized or at least visible. The main window is not popping up, it is opened minimized.

This does not happen on the windows remote desktop client.

If the application is run as a "remote app", without windows desktop, I cannot reach the minimized window. The app stays running, until forcefully disconnected using the context menu on the remote desktop app. 

I cannot see, why the program main window starts minimized.

Workaround: Opening the task manager on the windows remote desktop while the app is running minimized allows to maximize the window. Now exit the app. When the app ist started again, the main window opens maximized.

When running the program as remote app now, the main application window shows up as expected.

What should be fixed: 

The remote desktop should have a possibility to see / modify hidden / minimized application windows.  

If the remote desktop client reports a wrong screen size to the application, this should be fixed.