Remote Desktop App (Mac) still having issues with external monitors on 14" MBP

Remote Desktop App (Mac) still having issues with external monitors on 14" MBP

Upvotes

Upvote

Jan 26 2022
8 Comments (8 New)
Tell us more

Hi all,

Just downloaded the latest version from the App Store that is supposed to address the connection issue with the 14" M1 Pro MBP, but unfortunalty I'm still experiencing the same issues.

Best,

Menno

Comments
Brass Contributor
Microsoft
Status changed to: Tell us more

@MenBren92 Can you please provide a screenshot of your screen arrangements (found by navigating setting -> screen preferences -> displays) and describe what the exact issue is that you are experiencing (visuals of the bug help for repro). Thanks!

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Please have a look at the screenshot.
Screenshot 2022-01-31 at 09.34.17.png

Once every while, I get the notification that the connection was lost and that RD is reconnecting. Then, after a second or two, it looks like it's signing in again, and my connection to the VM is back. I'm sure it's not my internet connection, because I have been on Teams calls sharing screen while this happened, and the connection in Teams didn't drop.

Hope this info helps!

Microsoft

@MenBren92 Does this issue has to do with displaying RDClient across multiple monitors, or does it involve connection to the remote VM? External monitors, and the bug patch in 10.7.5 would only affect the former not the latter.

Thanks

Copper Contributor

"or does it involve connection to the remote VM?" --> This :)

Brass Contributor

@MenBren92 what problem are you experiencing?

I'm on 14" MPB M1 too and I don't have any connection issue (other than when my VPN decides to lose connection but that's not related to RDC).

I often run the RDC session on my external monitor with no issues including switching virtual desktops.

I'm now wondering if there is an issue that I've not noticed, but it is taking place. 

Microsoft

@MenBren92 Developers have issues trying to reproduce connection errors since many factors are involved - Once every while, I get the notification that the connection was lost and that RD is reconnecting. - is there a number of steps we could take to reproduce this error on our end? Thanks

Copper Contributor

@js351,  can the issue be related to Apple's Private Relay feature? 

Also, I've been working a lot on a 4G internet router connection since moving houses. Potentially, the RD client is more sensitive to higher latency connections?

Besides that, there aren't steps that I can take to consistently force the connection errors :(