Azure Stack HCI Registration Help

Copper Contributor

We are waiting on arrival on our Azure Stack HCI cluster. In the meantime I have been trying to setup a test environment. The challenge I have is with registering the cluster with Azure. I understand their are specific Azure permissions need for the account that performs the registration. My intention was to register the system on my Visual Studio Subscription.

Everything appeared to go ok until what I suspect was my last step. The last step - where I selected my Visual subscription gave me the somewhat expected permission error.

Another organization within our college owns the tenant and we'll have to work with them when it comes time to register our production system. Here is where I could sure use some help. Since this permission issue still needs to be hammered out and this is just a test I figured I would try registering it with my personal Azure account. When I try to do that, it errors stating that my personal subscription is not found in the tenant. Which is true.... The problem is I can't figure out how to "unregister the incomplete registration." Everything I see shows the system to be "unregistered."

Short of burning my test systems down and restarting, is there anything I can do to reset this registration process?

Thanks,

Jim

0 Replies