Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Estimating Sentinel Costs

Copper Contributor

We're looking to estimate potential costs for Azure Sentinel but the pricing is very confusing (at least to me).

The Sentinel pricing page says the daily ingestion rate on pay as you go is £1.87 per GB. By my calculations ingesting 1 GB per day gives a cost of £56.10 per month. However, entering an ingestion of 1 GB daily in the Azure Pricing Calculator gives a cost of £109.56 per month. Am I missing something?

There is also some confusion around using Sentinel and Log Analytics. The Azure Pricing Calculator states that the estimate is based on data ingested for both Log Analytics and Sentinel, however I've read some guides that state you must account for both services when estimating costs in the Azure Pricing Calculator.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
The Azure Pricing Calculator, when you select [Azure Sentinel] calculates the price of 1GB/day ingested data for both Log Analytics (ingestion & retention which includes 90days) and Azure Sentinel (analysis of the same capacity of data that was ingested by Log Analytics), so you see the combined price of the two services.

@CliveWatson Thanks for clearing that up.