SOLVED

Qualys vulnerability report

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone, everything good? Does anyone happen to tell me how often by default qualys generates the vulnerability report? I updated some machines on the 18th and when checking the status I noticed that the last vulnerability report is from the 17th. Is there a way to force the generation or change the interval if I want?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by mlcaffaro (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello,

Normally, scans will run at four-hour intervals. To my knowledge, the scanning interval is not configurable.
You can trigger an on-demand scan from the machine itself, using either scripts, either GPO
The following commands trigger an on-demand scan:

Windows machines: REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Qualys\QualysAgent\ScanOnDemand\Vulnerability /v "ScanOnDemand" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

Linux machines: sudo /usr/local/qualys/cloud-agent/bin/cloudagentctl.sh action=demand type=vm

You could therefore script the on-demand scan to run based on your needs.

thank you
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mlcaffaro (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello,

Normally, scans will run at four-hour intervals. To my knowledge, the scanning interval is not configurable.
You can trigger an on-demand scan from the machine itself, using either scripts, either GPO
The following commands trigger an on-demand scan:

Windows machines: REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Qualys\QualysAgent\ScanOnDemand\Vulnerability /v "ScanOnDemand" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

Linux machines: sudo /usr/local/qualys/cloud-agent/bin/cloudagentctl.sh action=demand type=vm

You could therefore script the on-demand scan to run based on your needs.

thank you

View solution in original post