Azure Security Centre - Qualys not free

Copper Contributor

Does anyone know why the Qualys agent add on seems to not be free. When I go into Security Centre recommendations the suggestion is to install Qualys so I can undertake vulnerability assessments. However the page then takes me to the Qualys portal where I can only get a free 30 day trial. My Security Center is Standard Tier. Thanks for any advice   

2 Replies

@Bernie_Mc Did you select "Enable the built-in vulnerability assessment solution on virtual machines (powered by Qualys)" or the "Vulnerability assessment solution should be installed on your virtual machines"? 

The first option is free, while the second is to install the full licenced product from Qualys or other partners.

Hi @ceejoyce ,

I agree with @Bernie_Mc .

For your reference, you can check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/security-center/built-in-vulnerability-assessment

The vulnerability scanner included with Azure Security Center is powered by Qualys.  It's only available to users on the standard pricing tier. You don't need a Qualys license or even a Qualys account - everything's handled seamlessly inside Security Center.