This article was published by Dan Truax, General Manager, Partner Digital Experiences and Programs, One Commercial Partner
The new Microsoft commerce experience will create a consistent and simplified purchase experience for customers and enables them to digitally transform, with greater flexibility in how and where they buy. Partners play a critical role in the customer’s cloud journey, regardless of the channel(s) customers decide to transact on with Microsoft. Once fully launched, the updated commerce platform and model will enable partners to participate through sales motions for larger enterprise customers as well as small and medium companies, and it will give partners opportunities to expand their participation to drive customer success.
The new commerce experience for Azure in the Cloud Solution Provider program expands partner opportunities to build and deliver managed services, further extend their customer base, and help customers on their digital transformation. It delivers the following benefits:
- Simplifies the Azure purchasing process with Azure Plan.
- Creates better pricing alignment across channels (based on customer and partner feedback, the new Azure experience in the Cloud Solution Provider program will use a single pricelist, in USD, providing customers and partners with consistent pricing at a global scale).
- Reduces customer acquisition obstacles by providing partners with tools that incorporate the appropriate governance, customer experience, and policies to move them to the new Azure experience in the Cloud Solution Provider program.
- Enables partners to manage their customers more efficiently by leveraging capabilities such as Azure Lighthouse and Azure Cost Management.
- Expands access to Azure Marketplace.