Announcing more Azure VMware Solution enhancements

Microsoft

Written by Ram Gowrishankar, Partner Director—Product Management

I’m writing to you today from VMware Explore in Barcelona, where my team and I are presenting to and meeting with customers and partners in person! When we launched Azure VMware Solution two years ago amid a pandemic, IT agility became a top priority as organizations scrambled to enable remote work and ensure business resilience via cloud solutions. In today’s economic climate most organizations want to do more with less. They recognize that by running workloads in the cloud, they can respond more rapidly and reduce IT infrastructure costs.

"I can definitely say that Azure—and in particular Azure VMware Solution—is the right solution for us. It allows us to seamlessly move from on-premises to the cloud, thereby freeing up resources and capital investments that can be used where they are needed more.”—Giorgio Veronesi, Sr. Vice President of ICT Infrastructure, Snam

Given that TCO is top priority for most companies in the current economic climate, migrating your VMware workloads to Azure is a great way to reduce the cost of maintaining an on-premises VMware environment. Because every customer starts their cloud journey at a different place, we help enable customers to migrate to the cloud on their terms and maintain support for the business platforms and investments they have today.  Azure VMware Solution is an easy way to extend and migrate existing VMware Private Clouds to run them natively on Azure. Azure VMware Solution offers symmetry with on-premises environments, which helps to accelerate datacenter migrations, so customers recognize the benefits of the cloud sooner.

"With help from Microsoft and Mobiz, we were able to deliver a fully qualified landing zone in Azure in one-third the time and at one-third the budget compared to previous cloud efforts."—Sam Chenaur: Vice President and Global Head of Infrastructure, Sanofi

In keeping with the goal of doing more with less, Microsoft’s unique Azure Hybrid Benefit and Extended Security Updates for Windows Server and SQL Server, Azure VMware Solution is one of the fastest and most cost-effective ways to seamlessly migrate and run VMware in the cloud. If you want to learn more about TCO in your organization read this Forrester paper.

Read the full article

0 Replies