Sorting The Legend in a Timechart

Copper Contributor

Hi folks, 

I am just getting started with this. Using Log Analytics and kusto queries, I have created a simple dashboard with several panels. Each panel displays a timechart showing the aggregate values for a single Performance Counter, for several machines. The machine names are displayed in legend at the right of the chart, each name coded with a color that matches the color of the corresponding line in the chart.

The problem I'm having is sorting this legend of machine names. When I render the chart in the kusto query editor, the names are always sorted alphabetically. However, when I add them to a shared dashboard, the names sort randomly. The result is that the same machine gets assigned a different color in different panels. I would like to sort them consistently, which should make it so that Computer01 is the light blue line in all panels, Computer02 is the red line in all panels, etc. 

Any idea how this can be accomplished? I've tried using an order by in the kusto query, but as soon as I pin the query to a dashboard, the sorting is random again.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Replies