SOLVED

Monitoring On-Premises Active-Directory for Health & Risk

Iron Contributor

Help me in confirming the details mentioned on this Article

Optimize your Active Directory environment with the Active Directory Health Check solution in Log Analytics
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/log-analytics/log-analytics-ad-assessment#prerequisites

Does this requires that one must have SCCM or SCOM License already ?

Customers who do not use any of these solutions can they use Azure Log Analytics Service straight away or not ?

IF Yes, please help me with the a step by step of tasks to be performed for this implementation

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Stanislav Zhelyazkov (MVP)
Solution

Hi,

My understanding is that System Center is not needed, it's just one of the options. If you're not using it, you can simply install the monitoring agent (MMA) on your domain controller, and configure it to use your Log Analytics workspace (don't have a workspace yet? creating one is easy).

HTH

Yes, Correct i had also checked with MS Support on this, only reason i wanted to be sure as in most of the documents it reads it is a part of OMS,

MS Support also has confirmed the same SCOM is not mandatory,

Azure Subscription is as it an Azure Service which is also used by Many Azure based Services like PowerBI, Security & Compliance in O365 etc..

BR,

/HS

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Stanislav Zhelyazkov (MVP)
Solution

Hi,

My understanding is that System Center is not needed, it's just one of the options. If you're not using it, you can simply install the monitoring agent (MMA) on your domain controller, and configure it to use your Log Analytics workspace (don't have a workspace yet? creating one is easy).

HTH

View solution in original post