Monitoring of the legacy applications.

Copper Contributor

Azure Monitor has made lot of good things. And I think companies in future may try to replace their legacy monitoring tool with Azure Monitor.  I think we need more solutions to monitor the legacy applications. 

- SCOM provides lot of legacy management packs, like mp for SharePoint, Windows Server, IIS , Skype for Business.   IS there any plans to release solution packs for these ? 

- O365 Solution Pack was good. I think now its replaced with the Azure Sentinel O365 connector.  AFAIK, this new connector can do things specific to security. But what about general monitoring of O365 ? 

1 Reply

@Consultant1520 

Thanks for your question. We recommend for now that you continue to use SCOM to monitor your legacy apps like Exchange, SharePoint running on IaaS.

For the custom apps running on IaaS infrastructure, we have codeless instrumentation available with Azure Monitor application insights that enables to monitoring your .net/java legacy apps without having to instrument the code.   Azure Monitor is working closely working with SCOM team on an integration story with SCOM, so that you can have more seamless integration with monitoring of your legacy applications.  Please stay tuned.