SOLVED

LogAnalytics Workspaces - Suppression of alarms from specific Resources

Brass Contributor

Hi all just a quick question. 

I currently have a suppress rule for the resource group with all of the resources in that RG suppressed. 

I also have another RG with log analytics workspace, and this workspace is getting all the PERF counters from all the machines, like a bucket from all "Perf" counters. 

I want to suppress only the alarms from that machines on that resource group that is currently suppressed.

Is it possible? 

or do I have to suppress all the alarms from that Log Analytics workspace? 

Is there any way I can only suppress some alarms from log analytics?  

Thanks in advance for your time and help. 

Best Regards.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by loadedlouie27 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@loadedlouie27 the best was is if you use 'Aggregated on', in a metric measure log alert rule, on '_ResourceId'. Then use Action Rules to suppress based on the alert content, setting the relevant resource group from the VM ARM resource ID. 

Example of VM resource ID:

/subscriptions/{subscriptionId}/resourceGroups/{resourceGroupName}/providers/Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/{vmName}

Action rules context filter:

yalavi_0-1597759422062.png

@yalavi First of all thanks for your reply... 

I will try that approach. and provide feedback in the next couple of days. 

@yalavi

Thanks for the help that worked. 

Thumbs UP :D 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by loadedlouie27 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@loadedlouie27 the best was is if you use 'Aggregated on', in a metric measure log alert rule, on '_ResourceId'. Then use Action Rules to suppress based on the alert content, setting the relevant resource group from the VM ARM resource ID. 

Example of VM resource ID:

/subscriptions/{subscriptionId}/resourceGroups/{resourceGroupName}/providers/Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/{vmName}

Action rules context filter:

yalavi_0-1597759422062.png

View solution in original post