After change log analytics workspace VM shows "Enabling - Waiting for data" for hours

Iron Contributor

Hello,

after changing the Log Analytics Worspace, the Azure Monitor shows "Enabling - Waiting for data" for my VMs This display has been up for several hours.

The VMs are also not monitored in the display.

As soon as I request values via the query, they are displayed correctly.

What can I do to see the display in Azure Monitor correctly again?

Thanks

Regards 

Stefan

16 Replies

@Stefan Kießig 

Can you please respond to vminsights at microsoft dot com with details about your workspace ?

After 24hours everting was fine and the problem solved.

@Stefan Kießig the same problem started with us. It has been waiting for 2 days. I couldn't find what to do.

Adding @Xema Pathak, @Scott Kinghorn Hi, Are you able to query the data in Log Analytics ? InsightsMetrics | where Origin == "vm.azm.ms" | where Namespace == "Processor" and Name == "UtilizationPercentage" | summarize avg(Val) by bin(TimeGenerated, 15m), Computer, _ResourceId

@Ketan GhelaniI activate insight from the VM. When I look at the Monitor, I see the screenshot I shared.

@ilker93 Any update on this?  I have the same issue.

@gaboh89 Continues. We opened a case but did not move forward.

@ilker93 

Adding @XemaPathak and @Anitha Bagyam 

Can you please send a note to vminsights at microsoft dot com with case number ?

@gaboh89 

Can you please send a note to vminsights at microsoft dot com with workspace id ?  Also would appreciate if you open a case as well for tracking purposes.

@Stefan Kießig I have the same issue, but we have 8 other similar VMs where it worked and had no issues. 

Similar Issue, logged ticket. Struggling to come to a solution. 

two days ago VM's moved from 'Not Monitored' to 'Monitored' and required update on the monitoring agents. Ran the updates and completed successfully, but VM's stuck on 'upgrade available' state.

@Jarcque 

Can you please open up a support ticket then the team can investigate it further ?

@Ketan Ghelani 

Hello, we are having the same issue. Tried to remove and reinstall the Agent, data is available in the Performance tab, but the machines appear as "Enabling - Waiting for data" for days..