Azure resource logs for Azure Storage is now in public preview in the Azure public cloud. These logs provide detailed information about successful and failed requests to a storage service. This information can be used to monitor individual requests and to diagnose issues with a storage service. Compared with classic storage logs, Azure Monitor logs for Storage is extended to support:
- Resource logs for Azure Files
- Resource logs for premium block blob storage and premium file shares
- Resource logs for Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2
- More enhancements including authentication context, TLS version, and other attributes
- Native query and analysis experience with Log Analytics
You can now configure diagnostic settings to consolidate storage logs to central storage accounts, send to Event Hub for streaming ingestion to SIEM tool or custom integration, or export to Log Analytics to query and analyze natively. Log export is charged per streaming volume. See Azure Monitor Pricing for details.
Screenshot of the configuration screen to set up the Storage logs
Learn more about this exciting new feature, and let us know what you think right here on the Tech Community!