SOLVED

Updating OMS Agent

Deleted
Not applicable

Wanted to see if anyone has this too. I couldn't find any docs about how to maintain consistent agent versions. If anyone knows please chime in :)

Capture.PNG

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Stanislav Zhelyazkov (MVP)
Solution
Usually the agent updates are small one containing bug fixes. You can maintain the same version using several methods - Using Windows Update to install the latest version - Using Automation DSC to install and update the agents - Using scripts to update the agents All of the above methods require some work to achieve it.

If you're using OMS for checking updates already, the agents will get often get updated in optional Windows updates. So the answer that I've found is: update my boxes to the latest and greatest, and I won't have to worry about versioning issues.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Stanislav Zhelyazkov (MVP)
Solution
Usually the agent updates are small one containing bug fixes. You can maintain the same version using several methods - Using Windows Update to install the latest version - Using Automation DSC to install and update the agents - Using scripts to update the agents All of the above methods require some work to achieve it.

View solution in original post