SOLVED

Suppress alerts not working

Brass Contributor

Hi

Have created a log based alert rule that checks if diskspace is too low.

But since I don't want more than one alert I'v set supress alerts to 180 minutes to test.

But I get alert every time the rule runs, (10 min)

PatrikHansson_0-1601387638834.png

PatrikHansson_1-1601387699214.png

2 Replies
best response confirmed by PatrikHansson (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@PatrikHansson I believe the suppression rule is for the action group, and not so much for the alert panel. I have it on an action group, and only get spammed once an hour (with 60m suppression), but the alert panel shows all the events.

@-Akos- 

Ah, of course. Missed it in the docs here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/alerts-log

"Choose if you want to suppress rule actions for a time after an alert is fired, use the Suppress Alerts option. The rule will still run and create alerts but actions won't be triggered to prevent noise. Mute actions value must be greater than the frequency of alert to be effective."

But to be fair none of the docs pages I looked at looks like the Alert Rule page looks nowadays.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PatrikHansson (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@PatrikHansson I believe the suppression rule is for the action group, and not so much for the alert panel. I have it on an action group, and only get spammed once an hour (with 60m suppression), but the alert panel shows all the events.

View solution in original post