No Usage Data

Copper Contributor
I've been using Azure Log Analytics in Azure Government for a couple weeks now, and while most of the solutions work great, I am seeing no usage data at all. The usage and estimated costs blade shows 0.00 GB used and querying the Usage objects return no results. I am global admin of my subscription, so I should have the necessary rights to read everything.

What could be going on? I have millions of events, so I'm certain that there is some usage. I don't want my next bill to be a surprise. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
4 Replies

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out! My team owns the LA Usage data. I will send you a message to get more data about your scenario and see whether we can figure out what's going on. :)

Thanks,

Abby

Hi Ryan,

This is a known issue in Azure Government only (not other regions). This fix for this is in progress but it will be 1-2 months to get it fully deployed. 

Thank you

Dale Koetke

Dale,

Thanks for the quick response on this.  Is there any other way for me to know what my usage is?  I don't want my next bill to be a surprise, and there must be some way for Microsoft to know how much data I'm using if they are planning to bill me for it. ;) 

Ryan 

Hi Ryan, 

You can see count of events ingested, use

union withsource = tt * | summarize count()

And I’ve found that typical events are a bit less than 1k in size so at least you can do a rough estimate of you ingested data volume and hence your cost.

Thanks

Dale