New Workspace in West Central US

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to create a new Log Analytics workspace in the West Central US region. However, when creating a new workspace through the Azure portal, I do not see an option for West Central US. So, I tried creating it using PowerShell, but when I run the New-AzureRmOperationalInsightsWorkspace cmdlet, nothing happens. It does not give me an error, but it also does not create the workspace. I also tried creating it through the old OMS portal, and it doesn't list the West Central US region either. According to this link Log Analytics is available in that region. Also, I already have a workspace in that region, so I don't understand why I can't create a new one. Am I missing something?

3 Replies
Hello Mattew! I've been researching Log Analytics in the region you've spoken to. Although it is already available for use, the Azure calculator does not yet recognize that region. I think it must be because it is something new (still in the region). Therefore, I believe that the best solution and wait a few more days the service is 100% available! Big hug

Hi Matthew,

Due to load and capacity planning considerations we took a decision to temporary limit the number of new customers on West Center US region. Meanwhile, you can create new Log Analytics workspaces Log Analytics in the East US region.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are doing our best to make sure that customers will have the best service level possible at all time.

Thanks,

Meir 

I am running into a very similar issue trying to create new VMs and a data warehouse in the West Central US region.  Are their still capacity restrictions on this region over a year later?