New added performances counter doesn't show in Log Analytics

Copper Contributor

Hi community,

I've an issue to display new performances log performance log in Azure Log Analytics.

I added theses performances logs but are not displayed in the Log Analytics when I start a "Perf" query.

aprhn_0-1584968604512.png

Result of the query :

aprhn_1-1584969826848.png

There is only the "Availabled MBytes" also I deleted in the Performances Counter. And other "% ..." counter doesn't displayed.
I don't understand where is the issue ...

Thanks you in advance for your advices.

Regards,

Aurélien Péruchon

6 Replies

@aprhn 

Hi, Make sure the following is correct:

• VMs are still reporting to your log Analytics workspace. If no VMs report the new configuration will not be distributed and data will not appear.
  • Make sure that the names are entered correctly. Entering any character that is not exactly as the counter will result in searching for completely different counter. For example white space.
  • Make sure to wait some time. Sometimes it can take 5-15 mins until the new configuration is distributed to the VMs.
  • Make sure that the query spans across the last 24 hours and for better results use this query:
Perf | where ObjectName == "Memory" | summarize count() by CounterName

let me know if this helps?

@Stanislav Zhelyazkov 

Hello Stanislav,

Thanks for your answer.

• Yes, my VMs already reported data in Log Analytics (Available MBytes for example).
  • Names of Performances counters are correct. If it's not, Azure say an error to enter a valid counter name.
  • I'm waiting the week-end and doesn't appear.
  • Your query return same result in 24h
    aprhn_0-1584976817258.png

I disabled "Available MBytes" this morning and enabled percentages counter in same time.

I checked if these counters are enabled in the same Workspace, and yes.

aprhn_1-1584977002374.png

However, It seems not harder to do that, but doesn't work in my case ...

@aprhn 

May be there is some issue with the VMs that does not allows them to pull the new configuration. Best is to see Operations Manager event log on the VMs and may be even restart the MMA agent?

@aprhn potentially dumb question you did verify that the changes saved? I've seen numerous occasions where i click save on the perf counter page and they don't actually save until i click it again and get the notification that the configuration was saved.

Hi Billy,

Yes, the first time, I missed to click on "Save" so it was normal counters didn't displayed. But after, I click "Save" each time but not appear in Log Analytics. After back again on Performances Counter, my changes was saved properly.

@aprhn Have you verified that the you can see the counters in Perfmon on the servers in question? I don't think those counters exist.