Include asset tags in Azure Monitor alerts

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible to include tags in the azure monitor alert (the tags configured on the resource on which the alert was triggerred, like "Environment:prod/test/qa")?

Ohad.

6 Replies

@odallal 

Hi Ohad,

Currently, if you want to enrich the alert with the resource tag, you will need to do it yourself, for example - using a Logic App action in the action group.

We are considering adding this functionality out-of-the-box later in 2021.

Thanks,

Ofir

I got an offline question about this, so updating for future readers who may run into that....

In Logic App, you can have an HTTP action. You can use it to call the following ARM API that returns the tags on an Azure resource:
Tags - Get At Scope - REST API (Azure Resource Management) | Microsoft Docs

@ofmanor 

Is there any update on Adding Asset Tags in Azure Monitor Alert (apart from using Logic App)?

- We have requirement to enrich the Alert with Asset Tags before sending it to any third-party tool for further action.

Hi @ravigupta1 

We are working these days on planning our next developments, and this is part of our backlog. we will be happy to meet you and discuss on your requirements.

Can you contact me directly noga.lavi@microsoft.com ?

Thanks!

Is this still not available out of the box?
Would LOVE to have this available, so we can start using policy based alerting, without having to target my alerts based on tags, I want my external solution to just receive all alerts and based priority/severity there based on the tags.
Can we expect this feature in near future?