How can I set up Logic App to close DevOps bugs when alarm is 'Resolved'?

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

Apologies if this is the wrong space! 

I have a Logic App set up in our Azure production environment which is set to trigger a template JSON file with various data about the environment and log Bugs in our DevOps backlog. It is only currently set to raise the bugs but I would like to close the open bug when the trigger is 'Resolved'. I've had a look at applying a Condition to the logic app to update a work item but it's asking for specific work item ID. I can only tie up the Fired and Resolved states by AlertID and can't think of a way to achieve this!! 

Has anyone set up a Logic App/PA (Flow) to close off open bugs?

Appreciate any help that you can give!! 

4 Replies

Hi @Barquois , I think that's the wrong space... is this related to Log Analytics? Are the alerts based on your logs? help me understand how we might be able to help you...

@Noa Kuperberg Yes, this is to do with Log Analytics. I essentially have a JSON template that triggers from our Azure service platform. It creates an Azure Bug when an alarm is fired and sends an email. 

What I would like to do is set up an automation to close a fired alarm bug when the resolved alarm is fired.

I know that the AlertID's can be matched up on a 1 to 1 basis I just can't figure out how to make that link between the fired and resolved alarms to close off the corresponding created bug. 

Does that explain any better?  

@Barquois, unfortunately no, I see it related to alerts and LogicApp, but they are both not managed in this forum. I think you should reach out to Yaniv Lavi <Yaniv.Lavi@microsoft.com>, the PM of log-based alerts.

@yaniv.lavi@microsoft.com Are you able to be of any assistance with this?  I was referred to your good self as someone who might be able to help? 

I essentially have a JSON template that triggers from our Azure service platform. It creates an Azure Bug when an alarm is fired and sends an email. 

What I would like to do is set up an automation to close a fired alarm bug when the resolved alarm is fired.

I know that the AlertID's can be matched up on a 1 to 1 basis I just can't figure out how to make that link between the fired and resolved alarms to close off the corresponding created bug.