Building a live streaming service

Copper Contributor

I am building a live streaming feature built on top of Azure Media Services. I am trying to figure out how to create a live event in Azure Media Services, with Output and Streaming locator, to get my streaming URLs before the event.

The documentation takes your through the process of creating the live event, then creating an output and streaming locator as well as ensuring there is a streaming endpoint. However this process seems flawed as the urls are not correctly generated until an on-premises encoder starts sending an rtmp stream. This means I can’t publish the urls to my website until after I have started streaming. This makes no sense.

I am trying to understand how I can accomplish the following well before my live event:

1. Create the necessary components in Azure for a live event including streaming urls
  2. Publish the Azure player to my site a week before it starts. The player should display a message that the event has not yet started.

How is this accomplished?

1 Reply

@Jachin We currently do not have that support on the Azure Portal yet.  Before that feature is added, if you are on Windows, you could try creating the live output using the open source UI tool: Azure Media Services Explorer that could be downloaded from http://aka.ms/amse.