Electric Vehicle Scenario Tutorial with Azure Maps & Python

Microsoft

The Azure Maps team has released their first Python + Jupyter Notebooks tutorial. As a non-experienced developer, this is particularly exciting for me, since I can explore Azure Maps API’s and scenarios using the interactive Notebook environment. Python’s support and ever evolving libraries make it a good choice for Data Science/AI/ML and we see interesting Geo-AI scenarios evolving from here.

I encourage you to head over to the tutorial ,download the code from Github, upload it to Azure Notebooks and walk through the step-by-step example of helping an Electric Vehicle, running low on battery charge, find a charging station within its drivable range.

The excellent thing about running the demo in Azure Notebooks is that we can step through the code in the interactive environment and personalize/customize the demo for local areas by editing the variables.

location-range.png

I would love to hear your feedback and most importantly the Azure Maps team would love to see interesting & creative variations of the code. THANK YOU to Outi Nyman & Ricky Brundritt for the work on this.

0 Replies