SOLVED

Gen2 Storage Account > Log Analytics

Brass Contributor

Is it possible to use Log Analytics to get the metrics out of a Gen2 Storage Account ?

It's easy enough with a standard Storage Account using

AzureMetrics

| where ResourceProvider =~ "Microsoft.DataLakeStore"

but I can't see how to do the same for Gen2?

Thanks
Jon

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Stanislav Zhelyazkov (MVP)
Solution

Hi@JK_UK 

Currently it is not possible to send diagnostic logs and metrics from storage account gen 2 to Log Analytics. As far as I know this functionality was coming as it it was one of the updates around Ignite 2019 but later it was removed from the announcement. This probably means that the functionality is being worked on and will be announced sometimes in the future. Also from your query it seems that you are probably looking for some specific metrics about Data Lake Gen2 Storage which is sub-kind of Azure Storage v2.

@Stanislav Zhelyazkov 

Thanks for the reply, apologies for not getting back to you sooner!

I've got a workaround now so will just go with that.

Thanks again.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Stanislav Zhelyazkov (MVP)
Solution

Hi@JK_UK 

Currently it is not possible to send diagnostic logs and metrics from storage account gen 2 to Log Analytics. As far as I know this functionality was coming as it it was one of the updates around Ignite 2019 but later it was removed from the announcement. This probably means that the functionality is being worked on and will be announced sometimes in the future. Also from your query it seems that you are probably looking for some specific metrics about Data Lake Gen2 Storage which is sub-kind of Azure Storage v2.

View solution in original post