Cannot create a new lab once I've attached a Shared Image Gallery

Copper Contributor

Hi there,
I've got a weird issue using Azure Labs, I'm unable to create a new lab once I've created a shared image gallery and published/attached a new image to it.
Whenever I try to create a new lab, I get the following error :

Capture.PNG

Which basically means I can't create a new lab as my account is restricted.
I've checked all the permissions, tried adding new permissions, but it doesn't seem to get any better.
Thanks for your help !

13 Replies

Hi @Univlearn,

Were you able to create a lab successfully before you attached a Shared Image Gallery to your lab account?  In general, there shouldn't be any permission differences with creating a lab regardless if a Shared Image Gallery is attached or not.

To troubleshoot this further, please verify:

* Are you the lab account owner or contributor?  If so, you should automatically have the ability to create and manage labs within the lab account.

* In the case that your user account is assigned as a lab creator - make sure that your account is assigned the Lab Creator role and is assigned the Reader role at the lab account level.

Also, when you do attach a Shared Image Gallery, the lab account Owners\Contributors and lab creators\owners\contributors are automatically granted access to the Shared Image Gallery.

In case you haven't seen this, here is some documentation that talks about how to assign roles: Azure Lab Services - Administrator guide - Azure Lab Services | Microsoft Docs

Let me know if you still are seeing this issue after trying the troubleshooting mentioned above.

Thanks,.

Nicole

Hi@nicolehaugen and thanks for your answer !
I can confirm you the following points :

- I was able to create a lab before attaching an image gallery, tried with 2 accounts with the same result : as soon as I add an image gallery I'm unable to create a new lab.
- My account is the lab owner.

- My account also has the lab creator role, I also tried adding the reader role as suggested.

Unfortunately all these steps haven't solved my problem, as I'm still unable to create a new lab, I still get the same error message.
Thanks for your help !

@Univlearn sorry that none of that helped fixed the issue.  Can you log a support ticket so that our engineering team can look closer into the logging\error so that they can identify the root cause?

Thanks for your patience!

Nicole

Hi Nicole, unfortunately I cannot open a ticket for the moment, as my subscription doesn't allow me to.
Actually that's why I've opened a thread on Azure Labs Forum :)
Is there another way to solve this issue ?
Thanks for your help !

@Univlearn, please send an email to this email alias: azlabscovidsupport@microsoft.com.

I am on that alias, along with other member of the product team - we'll be able to get someone to look into this.  When you send the email, please include the following information:

* Your subscription id

* The name of the lab account

* The name of the lab you are attempting to create where it fails

* And, if you can provide a link to this question that you posted on the forum since it has more details of the troubleshooting you tried.

Also, I have a few more questions for you:

* Are you able to create a lab successfully when you use an image that isn't from Shared Image Gallery?  In other words, one of the images from the marketplace.

* At what point do you see this error message - is it after you've gone through the process of creating a lab?

Thanks!

Nicole

Hi Nicole, and thanks for your fast reply :)
I can't even go to the lab creation wizard to choose an image from the marketplace, as I instantly get an error message, as soon as I click on "New Lab".
Hope that helps !

@Univlearn Thanks for confirming.  Please send the information that I outlined to the email alias I mentioned in my last post - we'll get someone to look into the root cause of the issue.

@nicolehaugenI've just sent you the mail with all the details required :)
Thanks !

@Univlearn I have the same problem. 
I have the same problem here. 
Did you find a solution ? 

Thanks, 

@louis120 , the product team is investigating the issue.  I will respond to this thread when the root issue is identified.

Thanks for your patience on this.

~Nicole

@Univlearn I saw your error message in french :) 

This morning I have created a new lab account in "West Europe" and there I can create a lab. 
In my lab account in "Central France", I cannot create a lab. 

Hope it can help you. 

Regards, 

@louis120Good find, actually I get the same behaviour, I can create a new lab if I create a new lab account in Occidental Europe, so the issue is clearly related to "Centre-France".