AzDeviceStreamingApp Extensions

Brass Contributor

And now for this week's Poll:

I am still refining and extending the functionality of my UWP app including the version published on the MS App Store and on GitHub: djaus2/AziothubDeviceStreaming. I've blogged about the app at My Blog: Device Streaming. Put simply, it can function as both ends of the Device Stream (and simultaneously) as in the Device Streaming Quickstart sample

New Extensions
(i) The current published version has an option to simulate the Telemetry example but using Device Streaming. In an upcoming version, the app can fully implement both ends of the Telemetry Quickstart sample.

(ii) I am considering adding the  Control a device connected to an IoT hub Quickstart sample functionality. All of these features are added as libraries abstracted from the Quickstart samples.

(iii) I am also considering adding a repository of built .Net Core apps for copy deployment to IoT-Core devices and RPIs running Raspbian. The apps would implement the Device functionality of the AzDeviceStreaming with added GPIO functionality such as environment sensing. I have already developed a framework for these apps. The AzDeviceStreaming app would then orchestrate the deployment of these apps from the repository.

I need a little "love" here.

Q1. Do you think it is useful having a mega-all-embracing Azure IoT Hub app in The Store and in source on GitHub that exploits most, if not all, of the main capabilities of Azure  IoT Hub for standalone apps? Why?
Q2. How would you rate the extensions (I) to (iii) above? 
Q3. What other features would you like to see in the AzDeviceStreaming app?

Nb: Maybe its time for a rename of the app given its move to universality with IoT Hub? Suggestions?

My aim with the app is to get users up and running quickly with Azure IoT Hub exploiting its capabilities.

0 Replies