A Further Update to az-iothub-ps: A GUI!

Brass Contributor

I can't help myself, I keep coming up with more ideas for extending the PowerShell Azure IoT Hub repository. I try a few things out, often with the help of some web searches, or just some monkeys-on-a-typewriter programming (got to write about that some time). 

Have just posted about new extensions to the PS script repository a few days ago, I decided to try to develop a graphical UI frontend for launching the script in autonomous mode. That's mode that takes names for a new Azure Resource Group, IoT Hub, Device and DPS in the group, and automatically generates them without user intervention. I had developed some PowerShell GUI capabilities previously but this time needed a classic menu system.  I bumbled around for awhile then got it all working! Took about a half a day. I now have a methodology for taking a C# Windows Forms UI and porting it to PowerShell. I'll blog about that later.

The GUI is launched by running **run-ui** from the PS folder. When names are entered you can check for their availability. You then commit, when the UI exits and calls **az-iothub-ps** with the names as command line parameters.

Also I've also reworked the repository README which had become a little cluttered

Links

djaus2/az-iothub-ps repository on GitHub.

- Blog Post about this Azure IoT Hub PowerShell V3.0.4 Features 

0 Replies