Understanding the real life scenerio of tenant

Copper Contributor

i wish to know the reall life situation of azure tenenat.

could it be that an organization with name ABC need resources in azure such as VM, as an administrator, what will be the first thing  will have to do?? do i need to create tenant for the organisation and then insde the tenant then create the VMs?

my question is, if an organization needs to migrate to azure, what will be the first thing i will do as an admin? 

i am usually lost with the first thing to do in terms of setting up the environments.

thanks for your candid answers.

1 Reply
Azure tenant is for Azure Active Directory, if you have M365 - you have an Azure tenant.

Azure Active Directory accounts (which could be synced from on-premises AD using Azure AD Connect) is then used to connect to Azure subscriptions.

For access to Virtual Machines (which are created in the subscriptions), you create standalone accounts when you first create the machines, then you can domain join them or Azure Active Directory join them to use other credentials if available.

Do you mean an organisation is looking to migrate their workloads into Azure?

Have a look at this Azure Awesome List for resources: https://github.com/lukemurraynz/awesome-azure-architecture

Specifically, Azure Migrate and Microsoft Learn and Landing Zones.