Azure Guest Configuration + Powershell DSC ERROR!!!

Copper Contributor

I found this guide online on how to publish local user accounts to Servers using Azure Guest Configuration and Azure Policy.  https://cloudbrothers.info/azure-persistence-azure-policy-guest-configuration/

i followed his guide, it worked fine.

However, i want to enable WindowsFeatures, and install msi packages, not just local user management.

So i followed the same steps, but i used his example for installing "Web-Server" instead.

I start to remediate the policy and this is the error i get. (also posted a screenshot in this thread)

Full Error 

PowerShell DSC resource MSFT_WindowsFeature failed to execute Test-TargetResource functionality with error message: System.InvalidOperationException: Installing roles and features using PowerShell Desired State Configuration is supported only on Server SKU's. It is not supported on Client SKU. PowerShell DSC resource MSFT_WindowsFeature failed to execute Test-TargetResource functionality with error message: System.InvalidOperationException: Installing roles and features using PowerShell Desired State Configuration is supported only on Server SKU's. It is not supported on Client SKU. The SendConfigurationApply function did not succeed. LCM failed to start desired state configuration manually.

0 Replies