SOLVED

This is a scheduled windows-2016 brownout

Copper Contributor

Hey everybody !

I am facing an issue on my Azure pipelines since today.

When I try to make a deployment, I have got this issue for the release pipeline :

This is a scheduled windows-2016 brownout. The windows-2016 environment is deprecated and will be removed on March 15, 2022. For more details, see https://github.com/actions/virtual-environments/issues/4312 

I understand that I should update this windows pipeline version but... Where should I do this ?

I can see that the Agent specification is vs2017-win2016 :

juliensl_0-1644861880465.png

I cannot find anywhere to change it.

This is a Hosted agents provided by Azure, at the 2.198.3 version.

I did not make this pipeline, and I do not understand everything, so I search 2016 and 2017 in my YAML files and I found this ?

{
            "name": "ConnectAKStoACR-aaaaaa-aaaaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaaaa",
            "type": "Microsoft.Resources/deployments",
            "apiVersion": "2017-05-10",
            "resourceGroup": "[parameters('acrResourceGroup')]",
            "dependsOn": [
                "[concat('Microsoft.ContainerService/managedClusters/', parameters('resourceName'))]"
            ],
            "properties": {
                "mode": "Incremental",
                "template": {
                    "$schema": "https://schema.management.azure.com/schemas/2015-01-01/deploymentTemplate.json#",
                    "contentVersion": "1.0.0.0",
                    "resources": [
                        {
                            "apiVersion": "2018-09-01-preview",
                            "type": "Microsoft.ContainerRegistry/registries/providers/roleAssignments",
                            "name": "[concat(parameters('acrName'), '/Microsoft.Authorization/', parameters('guidValue'))]",
                            "properties": {
                                "principalId": "[reference(parameters('resourceName'), '2020-09-01').identityProfile.kubeletidentity.objectId]",
                                "principalType": "ServicePrincipal",
                                "roleDefinitionId": "[concat('/subscriptions/', subscription().subscriptionId, '/providers/Microsoft.Authorization/roleDefinitions/', 'aaaaaa-aaaaaa-aaaaaa-aaaaaa')]",
                                "scope": "[resourceId(parameters('acrResourceGroup'),'Microsoft.ContainerRegistry/registries/', parameters('acrName'))]"
                            }
                        }
                    ]
                }
            }
        }

(I wrote aaa-aaaa-aaaa to not exposed my ids)

I searched more about this package, ConnectAKStoACR but I cannot find any versions list :(

Does anybody know how to update my agents ? Or which keyword should I search in my YAML files ?

Thank you for your help.

Yours faithfully

3 Replies
best response confirmed by juliensl (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@juliensl You probably already figured this out.  I just ran into it today and for me it was associated with 3 release pipelines that didn't get processed.

For me, I needed to go to dev.azure.com, and check each of my releases:

1) click on a release.

2) click on Edit in the upper right corner

3) click on the deploy stage

4) click on Run on agent

5) you should see something like this: 

JSBSF_1-1647649021978.png

If your Agent Specification shows vs2017-win2016, you need to change it to one of the newer versions.

(You can just run that fixed release, and it'll take care of the one that failed previously)

Hi @JSBSF !

Exactly what I did, thank you to explained it here, could be usefull for everybody :)

Have a nice day
Hello Folks,
Thanks for putting this together as it helped me resolve this brownout issue.

All the best
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by juliensl (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@juliensl You probably already figured this out.  I just ran into it today and for me it was associated with 3 release pipelines that didn't get processed.

For me, I needed to go to dev.azure.com, and check each of my releases:

1) click on a release.

2) click on Edit in the upper right corner

3) click on the deploy stage

4) click on Run on agent

5) you should see something like this: 

JSBSF_1-1647649021978.png

If your Agent Specification shows vs2017-win2016, you need to change it to one of the newer versions.

(You can just run that fixed release, and it'll take care of the one that failed previously)

View solution in original post