Showing a User Story on Multiple Boards

Copper Contributor

We have a Kanban Board set up for each of our teams.  We track User Stories on our Kanban boards.  Sometimes we have members of different teams working on the same user story.  What I thought (and was hoping) would work is having the user story set to one team's Area and Iteration, then creating a child Task set to another team's Area and Iteration, and as such the story would show up on both teams' boards.  It works this way with Sprints, where say the user story is set to one of your iterations, and it has a child bug or task set to a different iteration - the story shows in both Sprints.  But what happened when I tried this was the user story still only shows on the one board - the child task (set to a different team's area and iteration) only shows up in that team's Sprint as Unparented.  I would think it should be possible to have the story show (and be able to be tracked) on both boards so that we aren't having to create a separate story for the other board (which messes up metrics and creates overhead).

1 Reply
i am in same boat right now, trying to show same user story on different boards but no luck so far