SOLVED

Move tasks from current sprint to next sprint automted

Copper Contributor

Hey Community,

I'm new to AOD but I have relativly good knowledge about Power Automate. I wanted to move all tasks that are "in progress", on the taskboard within a sprint, to the next sprint, when the initial one comes to its end. Power Automate doesn't have a step for it, but I discovered the API from AOD. I cannot find a list of all possible arguments and don't know if this would be possible using the API within PA. 

Can you help me here?

Thanks!

Max

3 Replies
It is worth automating? It can be as little as 3 clicks to do it manually on the Backlog view when the Planning Panel is active.

@new_ways_of_working thanks for your reply.
I think it is worth with a bigger team and even more things to move. Its just one thing less you have to fidle around and I guess exactly for those things PA is designed?

Anyways, does somebody can help?

Have a great day!

Max

best response confirmed by Improver (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I know of no way this can be automated. However you can use your backlog view in Sprints and select the tasks via shift and ctrl, or create a query that looks for open tasks in the current sprint. Once you've selected everything you want to move right click and select edit and change the iteration path to the next sprint. This goes into more detail:
https://www.azuredevopsguide.com/moving-workitems-to-next-iteration-from-sprints-in-azure-boards/
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Improver (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I know of no way this can be automated. However you can use your backlog view in Sprints and select the tasks via shift and ctrl, or create a query that looks for open tasks in the current sprint. Once you've selected everything you want to move right click and select edit and change the iteration path to the next sprint. This goes into more detail:
https://www.azuredevopsguide.com/moving-workitems-to-next-iteration-from-sprints-in-azure-boards/

View solution in original post