Exporting iteration start / end dates

Copper Contributor

I want to setup a query to return information about features in my backlog to be used in another program that produces gantt charts.  I need that export to include the start and end date of the iteration my feature is planned for.

ADO knows what sprint I have a feature planned for and it knows the start and end date of my sprints but I cannot figure out how to get it to populate that in my query so I can export with those dates included in a .csv.

Can anyone direct me to what those dates are called to incorporate into my query?

2 Replies

Hi @mikebeerens 

I'm sorry, but I don't know of a query that would solve for this. However, if you are open to 3rd party apps we've created an automated solution for this at minware.

Our predictive roadmap automatically shows dependencies, and weighs weekends. You can roll down from epic to subtask for a detailed view of WIP/completed work/planned work, and we offer a breakdown by task assignee so that you can coordinate with your teams.

minware - roadmap subtask grouping.png

Since our dashboards are created by uniquely combining version control, ticketing, and calendar data we can provide full transparency into one plug and play solution.

We offer a free trial, if you would like to check it out please let me know!

Disclaimer: marketplace partner

No thank you, I was not looking for a sales pitch but instead insight on how to accomplish what I need from within the tool we already pay for.