SOLVED

Azure pipeline query

Copper Contributor

how can I ensure that only the latest pipeline is run in the repo? I have 2 pipelines in the repo (versioning). Every time I make some changes to the code both the pipelines run . I am sure there is a way to ensure that only the latest pipeline runs. Any help or links to documentation would be appreciated

1 Reply
best response confirmed by AzureRanger (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @AzureRanger,

It seems that you have a trigger on your pipeline to run them whenever a commit is made.
You can set one of the pipleline trigger to none as
- trigger:none
This will not execute that pipeline automatically. Read more about pipeline triggers. 

If you want to use triggers to automatically run your pipeline you can use differnet branches on both the Pipelines and set trigger to differnet branches on different pipeline. 

@AzureRanger 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AzureRanger (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @AzureRanger,

It seems that you have a trigger on your pipeline to run them whenever a commit is made.
You can set one of the pipleline trigger to none as
- trigger:none
This will not execute that pipeline automatically. Read more about pipeline triggers. 

If you want to use triggers to automatically run your pipeline you can use differnet branches on both the Pipelines and set trigger to differnet branches on different pipeline. 

@AzureRanger 

View solution in original post