azure devops pipeline for power apps using deploymentsetting file

Copper Contributor

I'm working on a cicd of power platform apps through the Azure DevOps pipeline using the deployment setting file but after the deployment on the target environment, the cloud flow in the canvas app is not working.excel cloud flow error.png

The Ui of the canvas is working fine. 

3 Replies

@ramesh1367 

The error message you're encountering, "Excel_flow.Run failed, Connection not configured for this service," suggests that there is an issue with the configuration of the connection used by the cloud flow within your Canvas app. When deploying Power Platform apps through Azure DevOps pipelines, it's important to ensure that the necessary connections and settings are properly configured for the app's components.

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can follow to address this issue:

1. Verify connection configuration: Check the connection configuration for the Excel service within your cloud flow. Ensure that the connection is properly configured to use the correct credentials and authentication method. Review the connection details, such as account credentials, API keys, or OAuth settings, and ensure they are accurately specified in the cloud flow.

2. Review environment settings: Double-check the environment settings in both the source and target environments. Make sure that the target environment has the necessary connections and settings configured to support the Excel service used by the cloud flow. Compare the connection configurations between the two environments and ensure they are consistent.

3. Validate authentication and permissions: Confirm that the user account used for the connection has the necessary permissions to access the Excel service in both the source and target environments. Verify that the account has appropriate access rights to interact with the Excel files and perform the operations required by the cloud flow.

4. Check data source availability: Ensure that the Excel data source (e.g., file or workbook) specified in the cloud flow is accessible and available in the target environment. Verify that the file or workbook exists and is located in a location that can be accessed by the cloud flow.

5. Test the cloud flow independently: Try running the cloud flow independently within the target environment to isolate the issue. This can help determine if the problem is specific to the deployment or if there are any issues with the cloud flow itself. Monitor the execution and investigate any error messages or logs that can provide further insights into the problem.

By following these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the connection configuration issue causing the "Connection not configured for this service" error in your cloud flow. Additionally, reviewing the Power Platform and Azure DevOps documentation or seeking support from the Microsoft Power Platform community forums can provide further assistance in troubleshooting deployment-related issues.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved
If you like my response, please give it a like

@ramesh1367 

Seems you tried to run it manually but had no luck?

@ramesh1367 

The error "excel_flow.run failed: connection not configured for this service" suggests that the flow in your canvas app is using an Excel connector that is not properly configured in the target environment. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve this issue:

1. Check if the Excel connector is properly configured in the target environment. To do this, go to the Power Apps portal, select the environment in question, and navigate to the Data > Connections section. Check if the Excel connector is listed, and if it has been properly configured with the necessary credentials.

2. If the Excel connector is properly configured, check if the connection is being used in your canvas app. Open your canvas app in edit mode, and navigate to the Data sources section. Check if the Excel connector is listed, and if it has been properly configured with the necessary credentials.

3. If the connection is being used in your canvas app, check if the connection is being used in the flow that is failing. Open the flow in question, and check if the Excel connector is listed, and if it has been properly configured with the necessary credentials.

4. If the connection is not being used in your canvas app or flow, check if there are any other flows or connectors that may be using the Excel connector. Open the Power Automate portal, and navigate to the My flows or Team flows section. Check if there are any flows that use the Excel connector, and if they have been properly configured with the necessary credentials.

As for links, here are some resources that may be helpful:

- Troubleshoot canvas app issues: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/getting-started-troubleshoot-issues
- Troubleshoot Power Automate issues: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/getting-started-troubleshoot-issues
- Power Apps connectors overview: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/
- Excel connector documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/excelonlinebusiness/

Your feedback is important to me.
Please if I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved
If you like my response, please give it a like