Azure DevOps: Can we trigger Azure Pipeline upon completion of a stage in release pipeline

Copper Contributor

We are able to trigger a Pipeline based on other pipeline based on the article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/pipelines/process/pipeline-triggers?view=azure-devops

# this is being defined in app-ci pipeline
            resources:
            pipelines:
            - pipeline: securitylib # 
               source: security-lib-ci # Azure Pipelines name of the source pipeline referenced
               project: FabrikamProject # Required only if the source pipeline is in another project
               trigger: true # Run app-ci pipeline when any run of security-lib-ci completes

with stages:

resources:

pipelines:

- pipeline: MyCIAlias

source: Farbrikam-CI

trigger:

stages:

- PreProduction

- Production

I have a scenario where we need to trigger a pipeline upon completion of a stage in release pipeline.

I tried using release pipeline name in the above example by adding stages in trigger section, but it didn't work.

Whenever I tried using "release" pipeline name in the "source", it is failing "Pipeline Resource xxxxxxx Input Must be Valid."

If I use regular pipeline instead of release pipeline, it is working. Is it possible to trigger a pipeline upon completion of a stage in "release" pipeline?

0 Replies