SOLVED

No publish changes detected from collaboration branch

Copper Contributor

I have a development data factory with Github enabled that is tied with Azure Dev Ops CI/CD for deployment.

1. I created a new feature branch
  2. Created a new pipeline and tested
  3. Created a pull request and merged into master - everything looks okay at this point
  4. Hit the publish button in the ADF web tool to deploy to live

I am getting a message 'no new changes to publish from collaboration branch'.  If I switch to live mode, I can clearly see the new pipeline I created in master is not there.  What are the proper steps to remedy this?

I thought about disconnecting and reconnecting the repo, and I noticed an 'overwrite live mode' button in the git configuration menu.  Would this fix it?  Could there be any negative side effects?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Donovan82 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi,
I've seen this behavior before, can you see the new pipeline in the arm_template in de adf_publish branch? You can rename the pipeline to see if the renamed is picked up as a change
Next step is wat you already suggested, to use the overwrite mode to see if the pipeline will be deployed.
This helped in our scenario, hopefully in yours as well

Erwin

@edkreuk72 

There is no reference to the new pipeline in the adf_publish branch in ARMTemplateForFactory.json

When initiating a publish, under the hood, does it compare the json files in master to the deployed json files in live mode, or does it take master's json files, compile them into an ARM template, and then compare that ARM Template code to the latest arm template file on adf_publish?

Hi,

It uses the adf_publish branch, but is the new pipeline available in your main or develop branch?
If it is not there, then it will never show up in the adf_publish. Please let me know!
Just a follow up, I used the overwrite live mode button and it now changes to master are being properly detected when I try to publish
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Donovan82 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi,
I've seen this behavior before, can you see the new pipeline in the arm_template in de adf_publish branch? You can rename the pipeline to see if the renamed is picked up as a change
Next step is wat you already suggested, to use the overwrite mode to see if the pipeline will be deployed.
This helped in our scenario, hopefully in yours as well

Erwin

View solution in original post