Partial query failure: Low memory condition Kusto

Microsoft

I am getting below Error Message while executing query in Kusto

"Partial query failure: Low memory condition (E_LOW_MEMORY_CONDITION). (message: 'bad allocation', details: ''). [0]Kusto.Data.Exceptions.KustoDataStreamException: Query execution has resulted in error (0x80DA0007): Partial query failure: Low memory condition (E_LOW_MEMORY_CONDITION). (message: 'bad allocation', details: '')"

How to handle ?

5 Replies

such errors can be a result of a non-optimized workload running against your cluster.
the recommendation is to make sure your queries are following query best practices: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/kusto/query/best-practices.
T
his specific error is not necessarily coming from your own query (though it might) – it means that at least on one machines in the cluster the free memory is running low.
If this issue persists and optimizing the query according to the guidelines above doesn't not help in alleviating it, you should open consider opening a support ticket for your resource

@Yoni I have already followed the best practices but  still this error is thrown

@sonamj I'm sure you must have found the solution?

Have you found a solution to this? @prashantverma 

What worked for me was to remove all "mv-expand". because I guess the multiplied the rows too fast.

I was lucky to use them only for filtering, so I replaced them with mv-apply if i need to filter arrays or  mv-apply p=bag_keys(...) if I need to filter on keys or values with obj[p]