How to query Log Analytics data into Azure Data Explorer?

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I need to query my Log Analytics workspace into Azure Data Explorer but i didn't fined any idea about it.

Below are my doubts?
1. Do i need to ingest data from Log Analytics to Azure Data Explorer before utilizing it?
2. I didn't find any way to make a connection to Log Analytics into Azure Data Explorer?
3. The only option i saw to ingest data in Azure Data Explorer is through Event Hub. But now my issue is how can i ingest my log analytics data into Azure Data Explorer using event hub? Do i need to write any process to ingest?

If anyone have then please share so that I can explore about it.

Thanks,

6 Replies
Log Analytics team is working on a direct solution to ingest data to Azure Data Explorer, meanwhile please export Log Analytics data and ingest data into ADX using the ingest API's or Logic Apps (Event Hub) to setup the export of Log Analytics data to Event Hub.

@Tzvia Gitlin Troyna is the direct solution to ingest log analytics data into ADX is in place

Hi @MohsinYamani  - we implemented ADX Proxy which enables you to treat LA / AI as a virtual cluster, query it using ADX tools and connecting to it as a second cluster in cross cluster queries. See more info here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-explorer/query-monitor-data.

Please note that the product is new with limited SLA, and we estimate that we will be able to move to pubic preview with production level SLA within ~2-4 month.

We started a private preview program, and we are happy to add early adopters to experience the new functionality. Please contact ADXProxy@microsoft.com to join the private preview.

Thanks,

Yaron

@Tzvia Gitlin Troyna  any update on direct solution to ingest data to Azure Data Explorer ?

@Tzvia Gitlin Troyna  Can you please guide the step to configure Logic Apps (Event Hub) to setup the export of Log Analytics data to Event Hub ? I tried but there is no Trigger / action available in Logic App for Log WorkSpace.