Central location for constants to be accessed from different queries

Copper Contributor

Hello community,

I wondered if it is possible to get a shared location to store constant strings ("like version number, release date and such) so that i can access them from within different Kusto Queries.
So i want to have one query in Azure Log Analytics for every Version of our Android and iOS App, and was hoping, that there would be a central place to store all this version information, so that i can use the same script throughout the queries with just changing that variable.
My first approach was to put those values in a separate Azure Database, but im quite lost now in finding out, how to access this database form within the query.

Can you guys please tell me, if this is possible, or if not, if there is an other solution to do what i'm trying?

Thx in advance,
Maverick

1 Reply

@Maverick1st - you can use functions both on Azure Data Explorer and on Azure Monitor. In these functions you can store variable or an array of variables or a temp table. See the relevant Azure Data Explorer docs here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-explorer/kusto/query/schema-entities/stored-functions