Introducing AKS (managed Kubernetes) and Azure Container Registry improvements

Community Manager

Today, we are proud to announce the preview of AKS (Azure Container Service), our new managed Kubernetes service. We have seen customers fall in love with our current Kubernetes support on Azure Container Service, currently known as ACS, which has grown 300% in the last six months. Now with the preview of AKS, we are making it even easier to manage and operate your Kubernetes environments, all without sacrificing portability.

This new service features an Azure-hosted control plane, automated upgrades, self-healing, easy scaling, and a simple user experience for both developers and cluster operators. With AKS, customers get the benefit of open source Kubernetes without complexity and operational overhead.

Read about it in the Azure blog.

4 Replies

this is very very very very  cool , I was able to set this up and run the voting demo. Sometimes I get ( like today ) get the errors "Deployment failed. Correlation ID: 0901cfd1-837a-47d4-8505-de7d3eb587ea. getAndWaitForManagedClusterProvisioningState error: <nil>"

I think the issue with that is that I missed the step to run "az provider register -n Microsoft.ContainerService" but how can I find a detailed log of this kind of error??

thhansk

also another thing is that I see that when I run the command 

az aks create --resource-group myResourceGroup --name myK8sCluster --agent-count 1 --generate-ssh-keys

this takes a very very long time , how can I speed this up or see what it is doing ?

thanks

I now am getting 

Deployment failed. Correlation ID: c37e30d5-d4e7-473a-856e-e4158e071500. getAndWaitForManagedClusterProvisioningState error: <nil>

this was working for me on friday , is there anyway to get more information of this error?

thanks

Hey Brian, for this particular error we'd recommend reaching out to Azure support here: https://twitter.com/AzureSupport